In Week 1, you conceptualized a project to work through (on paper) during this course. Now it is time to add more details by expanding and defining the scope of the project you chose earlier.
Prior to beginning work on this learning activity, review the Weekly Lecture and the assigned page ranges in Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in your textbook. This week’s lecture will provide examples and additional information on this learning activity.
Working through this assignment will give you a glimpse of the initial planning stage of project management. At the beginning of the planning stage, the project manager defines the project scope statement and starts defining key details of the project. In this case, you, as a project manager, will present this information to the project sponsor. This week you will be completing a project scope for your chosen project and present it to the class where your classmates will act as the project sponsor and review your work.
- Download the PRM300 Week 2 Project Scope Form Template.
- Complete the template, take a screenshot of Section 1, and embed it in this discussion thread. For help on embedding an image into the Canvas discussion forum, review the tutorials How to Embed Images Inside Canvas’ Discussion Threads (Links to an external site.), How to Use the Snipping Tool in Windows 10 [Tutorial] (Links to an external site.), and Take-a-Screenshot.org (Links to an external site.). Then attach the completed template to your discussion post.
- In Section 1: Project Overview, identify the project name, project manager (you), and the project scope statement. Feel free to refer to the example: PRM300 Week 2 Project Scope Form Sample.
- Complete Section 2: Project Details; summarize the work breakdown structure, assumptions, stakeholders, time, and cost estimates, and list your milestones.
- Attach your completed Project Scope document to the discussion thread. Make sure your document stands on its own so your classmates and the instructor can clearly understand your project and its components.
Discussion Topic: Clinic Renovation 2019
Schwalbe, K. (2017). An introduction to project management (6th ed.). Retrieved from https://redshelf.com
- Chapter 2: Project, Program, and Portfolio Selection (read pages 44-57)
- Chapter 3: Initiating Projects (read pages 84-94)
- Chapter 4: Planning Projects, Part 1 (Project Integration and Scope Management) (read pages 119-135)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"