Financing an Expansion
After twelve (12) years, your business is wildly successful with multiple locations throughout the region. You are now ready to think really big. You want to purchase a huge competitor. (Note: You determine whether the competitor is a privately or publicly held company.) To expand, you will need additional capital from the debt or equity market or both. (valuation techniques i.e. venture capital, per-money ,post valuation and venture post-money
Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you:
1. Use one (1) of the valuation techniques identified in Chapters 10 and 11 to calculate the value of the competitor you wish to purchase. Note: You will have to make assumptions; however, your assumptions need to be rationally supported.
2. Analyze the various financial tools available to you to determine the tools that will be most helpful in assessing whether your company can afford to purchase the competitor. Support your response.
Imagine you can indeed afford to purchase the competitor; however, you will need an additional $100 million.
3. Examine the options available to you to finance the competitor through the debt market, recommending the best alternative as a result of your analysis. Provide support for your recommendation.
4. Examine the options available to you to finance the competitor through the equity market, recommending the best alternative as a result of your analysis. Provide support for your recommendation.
5. Conduct a cross comparison of your debt and equity examinations to determine where to ideally obtain the additional $100 million funding needed to make the purchase and the approach that you would take to securing the funds. Provide support for your recommendation.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.